Tuesday, June 23, 2009

ID3A update

At this point it's all in the hands of the beta testers.
One found an issue with XServer and FXRuby on MacOS because I had set the row header width to 0.

I confirmed on my eeepc and changed it to 1 pixel.
Problem finished.

The expectation is that I have a tech demo tomorrow so I pushed through the big changes version v.02 which boiled down to a restructuring of the layout, more unit tests, and a batch query process.

On the Drails front, I've renamed it to FXCess.

Using the template that I started with PaperTrade, I was able to quickly build some unit tests which confirmed that I can not only use ActiveRecord to interact with a small sqlite3 db but, also build using TDD which, for a project in which I have a very clear idea of what's going to happen is the fastest way to build.

So far:

C:\fxcess\test>ruby test_all.rb
Loaded suite test_all
Finished in 0.531 seconds.

5 tests, 7 assertions, 0 failures, 0 errors

No comments:

Post a Comment