Thursday, January 29, 2009

Let Me Introduce Myself

This blog will be about my adventures in Rubyland, with and without Rails.

And all the other stuff that goes along with trying to create an application that will work the same way offline as it does for an online user.

The application will be called see-ello and, according to the design documents I have in my notebook, it will be a Genetic Algorithm application that will be used to determinethe most successful "reversal to mean" methodologies for trading the SPY ETF.

Here's some definitions for the first time reader:
Genetic Algorithms => wikipedia link
Reversal to Mean => investopedia link

About Me

I am a professional Ruby on Rails developer working in an industry that neither uses evolutionary computing technologies nor exists within the financial trading industry.

That's about all I will say about my professional life here. My opinions are my own, just as my personal life is different from my professional life. Ruby is a passion for me and I am very happy to work with it and be paid to do so but, I have found the best philosophy for myself and for any employer that I have worked for, is to maintain a fundamental firewall between the two
domains.

Yo hablo un poquito EspaƱol per no intendo escribir acqui en esta idioma.

Well, that's about it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment